Admin Login

Kerry V Tyrone NCL Division 4

By tyronepro Sun 23rd Mar

Kerry V Tyrone NCL Division 4
Kerry V Tyrone NCL Division 4

Tyrone travelled to St Rynaghs GAA in county Offally for their 3rd NCL fixture of the year. It was a calm dry day and the conditions were perfect. Kerry got off to the perfect start as the took advantage of a free awarded within the first minute. The game was very even for the next ten minutes with play centered in the middle of the park. The game was very physical with neither side pulling out of any tackles.
Tyrone then had a goal mouth opportunity that went just wide. From the resulting puck out Aisling Corr was awarded a free which she took with ease to register the Red hands first point.Emma Fitzgerald in midfield was at every breaking ball and involved in every tackle. Kerry were awarded two consecutive frees from 50 metres and they made them count to take the lead on 15 minutes. Captain Julie Lagan was outstanding in her defending often clearing her lines as Tyrone came under serious pressure. Kerry yet again got the decision for the free and a 30 metre shot evaded everyone to hit the back of the net.
Tyrone having their backs to the wall refused to give in and they had some adventurous play which unfortunately they never capitalised on. Lagan and Emma Mcshane were without doubt making light work of their opponents. It was Kerry’s time to feel the pressure and Corr was fouled and she took her own free to narrow the gap. Shauna Jordan made a few bursts but was fouled 45 metres out.
Corr again took the point and the game now had become a very open contest. Fitzgerald was also fouled in front of goals and Corr never missed as her free taking took centre stage. There was another two goal line clearances from the Kerry keeper that looked certain to go in.It was Corr who finished the half with another free to make the half time score Kerry 1-3 Tyrone 0-5.
The second half started the same as the first with Kerry being awarded another free in front of goals. Their free taker slotted with ease and added another a minute later. Tyrone were unlucky again as the ball refused to cross the goal line and Kerry cleared. Lagan and Siobhan Donnelly were again under pressure in and around their own goal but they stayed resolute. It was only on the twenty minute mark that Kerry bagged another goal when the ball trickled over the line.Kerry were taking their opportunities better and soon they had another point on the board. Just before the final whistle another goal sealed Tyrone’s fate as the match ended Kerry 3-6 Tyrone 0-5. The lack of scores in the second half for Tyrone was disappointing.
Meath are up next for Tyrone which should decide the final league positions and will determine if they qualify for the semi’s. There were some positives to take from the game despite the defeat and the defence for Tyrone gave it their all. Kerry are now top of the league and they will proceed to the semi-final.
Tyrone scores A. Corr 0-4 E Fitzgerald 0-1

photo_2 (2)

By tyronepro Sun 23rd Mar

Related News

View All

Main Sponsors

Our Partners