Admin Login


By tyronepro Mon 9th Mar

Dublin and Tyrone shared the spoils in their Allianz League encounter at Croke Park as Dean Rock, who scored 1-6 for the home side, fisted the only goal of the game a minute from time.
Tyrone goalkeeper Niall Morgan had a free at the end to win it for Mickey Harte’s side but his shot went wide.
Tyrone opened the scoring after five minutes as Seán Cavanagh kicked a free after Philly McMahon fouled Darren McCurry. Dublin free-taker Rock opened his account just a minute later when Kevin McManamon was pulled back by Cathal McCarron.
Tyrone hit back and the visitors notched two points in the space of a minute. The first came in the eighth minute through Justin McMahon. The centre-back’s well-taken point was just his second league point of his long career. Seán Cavanagh followed that up with his second pointed free of the contest.
Rock responded with his second of the game before Tyrone spurned two chances with McCurry and Cathal McShane dropping shots into Dublin goalkeeper Stephen Cluxton’s hands in the space of a minute. Bernard Brogan scored an excellent point for Dublin in the 15th minute to make it 0-3 apiece.
Brogan played an important role in the only goal chance of note in the first half. His shot from the left came off the post and fell to Nicky Devereux in front of goal. But the wing back saw his shot smothered by Niall Morgan. The goalkeeper handled on the ground in the process of saving the shot and coughed up a 14 yard free which Rock converted.
Morgan got himself on the scoresheet in the 24th minute to put the away side 0-6 to 0-4 up. But Rock slotted two frees before half-time to make it 0-6 apiece at the break.
Tyrone defended well throughout and Dublin were unable to engineer too many efforts on goal. Mattie Donnelly grabbed an excellent score for Tyrone in the 50th minute and forward colleague Barry Tierney added another point 30 seconds later to put Tyrone 0-9 to 0-7 to the good.
Rock (free) and Paul Flynn levelled proceedings for Dublin but three points in seven minutes from Tyrone saw them lead 0-12 to 0-9 with five minutes left. In that spell, Cluxton denied Tyrone a goal as he parried Tiarnan McCann’s shot.
Dublin stuck to their task and Rock levelled the game with a minute remaining with his goal. Substitute Shane Carthy’s shot hit the post and fell to fellow sub Eoghan O’Gara. O’Gara fisted the ball across the goal to the unmarked Rock who provided the finish.
Scorers for Dublin: D Rock 1-6 (4f), B Brogan 0-1, E Ó Conghaile 0-1, P Flynn 0-1.
Scorers for Tyrone: S Cavanagh 0-4 (4f), D McCurry 0-2 (2f), N Morgan 0-1 (f), J McMahon 0-1, P McNulty 0-1, M Donnelly 0-1, B Tierney 0-1, M Bradley 0-1.
DUBLIN: S Cluxton; E Culligan, R O’Carroll, J Cooper; N Devereux, P McMahon, J McCaffrey; D Bastick, E Ó Conghaile; T Brady, D Rock, C Kilkenny; K McManamon, P Andrews, B Brogan. Subs: C O’Sullivan for Bastick (29), P Flynn for Kilkenny (h-t), O’Gara for Andrews (h-t), J McCarthy for McMahon (59), S Carthy for E Ó Conghaile (64), C Costello for Brady (67).
TYRONE: N Morgan; A McCrory, R McNamee, C McCarron; R McNabb, J McMahon, P Harte; C Cavanagh, P McNulty; T McCann, M Donnelly, B Tierney; D McCurry, S Cavanagh, C McShane. Subs: M Bradley for McShane (h-t), PJ Lavery for McCarron (55).
Referee: David Gough (Meath)
Report: Declan Rooney

By tyronepro Mon 9th Mar

Related News

View All

Main Sponsors

Our Partners