Ulster Council will be offering this Course to all Children’s Officers in Tir Eoghain GLG on Monday 29th February 2016 in Garvaghey at 7.00pm.
Club Children’s Officer 3 hour workshop is essential training tailored to those in clubs who assist in safeguarding to create and maintain the safest possible environment for children and young people in their club.
The course will equip participants with the following
- The Roles and Responsibilities of the Club Children’s Officer
- Key Legislation
- Where the role fits in the GAA
- Our Games Our Code and the Code of Behaviour
- Respect Initiative
- Practical Case Studies
- Dealing with alleged breaches of the code
- Code of best practice hearings committee
- Communicating with young people
- Self Reflection – Where is your club at and what does it need to do now.
There is a mixture of group work and it is a very interactive workshop – a must for all club children s officers.
Can you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm attendance.