27th March 2012
Juvenile All Ireland Handball championships
Tyrone juveniles have been training since Christmas. This hard work on the court has certainly paid off as 9 boys and 3 girls will represent Tyrone in the All Ireland final after winning their All Ireland semi finals at the weekend against Connaught opposition.
Players who are through to the All Ireland Juvenile finals in Kilkenny on Sunday 8th April include:-
- U14 Singles Sean Kerr (Brackey)
- U14 Doubles Matthew Mc Cartan (Brackey) and Shane Mc Crystal (Loughmacrory)
- U15 Doubles Pauric Mullan(Carrickmore) and Jack Campbell(Brackey)
- U16 Doubles Ryan Mullan(Carrickmore) and Johnny Woods(Brackey)
- U18 Doubles Gabhainn Mc Crystal and Pol Clarke (Brackey)
- U16 Doubles Maeve Mc Elduff (Brackey) and Aoife Kelly (Loughmacrory)
- U17 Singles Zara Girvan (Pomeroy)
Cumann Na Bunscoil
The Ulster finals were held last weekend in Belfast. The following players won their Ulster title and will now represent Ulster in the All Irelands on 28th April 2012.
Winners include Lorcan Mc Bride in U11 singles, Ronan Curran and Anton Fox in the U13 doubles. In the girls competition Elizabeth Mc Garvey and Emer Kerr won the U11 doubles and Ciara Mullin won the U13 singles.
Internal juvenile competitions
The B competitions have been played down to the semi final stages in all juvenile age groups. The A categories will commence after Easter when the All Ireland finals are complete.